The smart grid arena constitutes a dynamic melting pot for a wide range of stakeholders involved in the rapid evolution of the energy landscape. Smart grids enable a controlled transition to an entirely renewable electricity production. During the day, dialogue will take place around important themes related to the development and deployment of smart grid technologies and solutions in the electricity system. What is needed to take the next steps and in what order?
A panel consisting of business leaders, politicians, government agencies and academia will share their insights on how to speed up the transition to smart grids. The panel will conclude and summarize the whole day and send policy messages on to the ministers.
Moderator: Malin Strand, Senior Project Manager, Fossil Free Sweden, Government Offices Sweden
16.15-16.20: Introduction by moderator Malin Strand
16.20-16.35: Summary of the day: What have we learned?
– Panel with event lead representatives from EON, ÅF, Rise, Era-Net Smart Energy Systems/A challenge from Sweden, National Stakeholder Coordination Group (Smart Energy Systems), Swedish Energy Markets Inspectorate and KIC InnoEnergy
16.35-16.55: What now? – Policy messages to ministers on smart grids
– Mr. Andreas Kuhlmann, CEO of the German Energy Agency DENA
– Dr. Konstantin Staschus, Chief Innovation Officer ENTSO-E, (external) and Director, Ecofys
– Mr. Maher Chebbo, Chief Officer Global Power Digital Solutions at GE
– Ms. Pia Brantgärde-Linder, Senior Vice President ABB High Voltage Products Northern Europe
16.55-17.00: Closing remarks by moderator Malin Strand and Maria Sandqvist, Executive Director Swedish Smart Grid Forum
Studio, Nordenskiöldsgatan 24, 211 19 Malmö
Swedish Smart Grid Forum