In 2016, SSAB, LKAB and Vattenfall joined forces to create HYBRIT – a joint venture project that endeavors to revolutionize steel-making.
HYBRIT aims to replace coking coal, traditionally needed for ore-based steel making, with hydrogen. The initiative could reduce Sweden’s total carbon dioxide emissions by 10 percent and those in Finland by 7 percent.
Join us for a discussion on how to decarbonize the steel industry through innovative technology! What are the prerequisites to adapt the concept of HYBRIT to the global market? What kind of funding opportunities are needed to facilitate the kind of technology shifts that HYBRIT represents?
– Mikael Nordlander, Head of Industry Decarbonization R&D Portfolio, Vattenfall
– Mårten Görnerup, CEO, HYBRIT AB
– Faustine Delasalle, Project manager, Energy Transitions Commission
– Alejandro Gonzalez, Program officer, DG Research and Innovation, Coal and Steel unit, European Commission
– Emelie James, Supplier Sustainability business developer, Scania
Moderator: Linda Aziz, journalist
Presentation and panel discussion
Studio, Nordenskiöldsgatan 24, 211 19 Malmö
Vattenfall, Partner: HYBRIT, SSAB, LKAB
Cecilia Hellner, firstname.lastname@example.org