Help define a 2-year agenda for a disrupter and early adopter community in Europe.
On May 22nd in Malmo, join a workshop hosted by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Energy Unlocked and WindNODE, a 70-member German consortium across the value chain of electricity focused on project deployment by 2020 that rapidly integrates renewables.
The Workshop — part of Nordic Clean Energy Week, hosted in conjunction with the 3rd Mission Innovation conference and the 9th Clean Energy Ministerial — will bring together experts to continue the discussion on renewable energy integration through flexibility, transactive energy, new data-driven business models and private sector innovation to drive energy system change.
If we expect to deliver a renewables transition, at lowest cost, we need the energy ‘demand’ to be flexible; that flexibility is the long term, lowest cost means to an energy transition is the conclusion of recent research at Imperial College in London.
We will learn from business and energy sector leader experience in deploying new solutions, and identify market barriers to inform key actions needed to 2020.
Key questions include:
What are the 2-year leadership priorities for the private sector to drive decarbonisation faster? What is the early adopter and innovator’s role in making demand-led energy marketplaces a reality? How do we wade through the blockchain and Artificial Intelligence hype to utilise these capabilities in the near term? What are the contested or common areas of agreement market design priorities? How do we encourage local energy and city leadership?
Participants include the private sector, regulated energy market players, and influencers involved in market acceleration: policy (R&D, energy, industrial GDPR), standards, financing, or innovation support.
Our two panel discussions will address:
– Corporate energy demand creating opportunities for innovation and solutions
– Transformation of local energy markets
Opening keynote speech:
– John Loughead, Chief Scientific Adviser at the UK’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Current speakers include:
– Sara Bell, CEO, Tempus Energy
– Jason Simpson, VP Global Energy and Utilities, Liberty Global
– Vincent Schachter, Senior Vice President Energy Services, eMotorWerks
– Scott Kessler, Director of Business Development, LO3 Energy
– Juan Perez, Director of Strategy, EPEX Spot
Closing keynote speech:
– Maher Chebbo, GE Senior Executive – Chief Business Innovation Officer for Global Digital Energy, Chairman of REEEP, ex-GM Energy at SAP
This will be followed by a drinks reception, and a chance to network with change-makers.
Workshop and panel discussion
Malmö, High Court, Callmander Hall.
UK Science & Innovation Network, Energy Unlocked and WindNODE
Dr. Mikael Allan Mikaelsson, Mikael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register your attendance through the event website by May 10th (only limited seats available)